Department of Posts, Govt of India is starting open recruitment of 569 Nos of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) vacancies in all over Odisha. If you are matric or 10th exam qualified, then take a look to the below post to get complete details about 569 Nos Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Jobs in Odisha By India Post.
Name of the Post
The vacancies are under GRAMIN DAK SEVAK (GDS), where ever they are classified in various types such as:-
- Gramin Dak Sevak Branch Postmaster (GDS BPM)
- Gramin Dak Sevak Mail Deliverer (GDSMD)
- Gramin Dak Sevak Mail Carrier (GDS MC)
- Gramin Dak Sevak Mail Packer ( GDS Packer)
- Gramin Dak Sevak Stamp Vendor (GDS Stamp Vendor)
- Gramin Dak Sevak Mailman (GDSMM)
No of Posts
There are totally 569 Nos of vacancies available of GDS Posts in all over Odisha. The posts are according to various divisions such as :-
- Cuttack North Division (GDS BPM) – 44 Nos (Full Details – Click Here)
- Bhubaneswar Division (GDS BPM) – 6 Nos (Full Details – Click Here)
- Puri Division (GDS BPM) – 45 Nos (Full Details – Click Here)
- Mayurbhanj Division (GDS BPM)- 121 Nos
- Balasore Division (GDS BPM)- 13 Nos
- Cuttack South Division (GDS BPM)- 39 Nos
- Cuttack City Division (GDS BPM)- 5 Nos
- Bhadrak Division (GDS BPM)- 20 Nos
- Balangir Division (GDS BPM) – 23 Nos
- Sambalpur Division (GDS BPM)- 18 Nos
- Dhenkanal Division (GDS BPM)- 21 Nos
- Sundargarh Division (GDS BPM)- 18 Nos
- Keonjhar Division (GDS BPM)- 21 Nos
- Aska Division (GDS BPM)- 10 Nos
- Berhampur Division (GDS BPM)- 13 Nos
- Kalahandi Division (GDS BPM)- 30 Nos
- Koraput Division (GDS BPM)- 39 Nos
- Phulbani Division (GDS BPM)- 34 Nos
- Circle Office, Bhubaneswar (GDS PKR)- 2 Nos
- Cuttack City Division (GDS PKR cum MC) – 5 Nos
- Cuttack South Division (GDS MD/ MC) – 1 Nos
- Bhadrak Division (GDS MD/ MC)- 6 Nos
- Cuttack North Division (GDS MD/ MC) – 6 Nos
- Puri Division (GDS MD/ MC) – 6 Nos
- Balasore Division (GDS MD/ MC) – 13 Nos
- Berhampur Region (GDS PKR/ MC/ MD) – 2 Nos
- Sambalpur Division (GDS PKR/ MC) – 8 Nos
For General Category (Unreserved Applicants ) and maximum age limit of Casual Labourers shall be 35 years. Upper age relaxation is available as per norms. The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be as on the date of notification of vacancy.
Educational Qualification Needed
- The applicant should have passed 10th Standard or HSC from any recognized board/ school of education in India.
- The candidates for all approved categories will be required to furnish at least 60 days’ duration basic computer training certificate from a recognized Computer Training Institute. Computer Certificates from Central Government/ State Government/University/Boards etc. will also be acceptable for this purpose. Certificates from Private Computer Training Institutes shall also be acceptable subject to their recognition by the Chief Postmaster General, Odisha Postal Circle based on their reputation, capability and quality of education. This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or Class XII of higher educational qualification and in such cases , a separate certficate will not be insisted upon.
Other Terms and Conditions
- A GDS shall not be required to perform duty beyond a maximum period of 5 hours a day.
- A GDS shall not be retained beyond 65 years of age.
- A GDS shall have to give an undertaking that he has other sources of income besides the allowances to be paid by the Government for adequate means of livelihood for himself/herself and his/her family. This condition is required to be complied within 30 days after selection but before engagement.
- A GDS can be transferred from one post/unit to another post/unit in public
- A GDS shall be outside the Civil Services of the Union.
- A GDS shall not claim to be at par with the Central Government employees.
- Combination of duties of a GDS shall be permissible.
- On engagement as GDS, the person so engaged shall be required to furnish security in such manner as may be prescribed from time to time. The existing security amount in case of GDS Branch Postmaster & other approved categories of GDS is Rs 25000-& Rs 10000- respectively.
Pattern of Examination
- Part A Mathematics- 50 Marks with 50 Questions of 1 mark each
- Part B (I) English- 25 Marks with 25 Questions of 1 mark each
- Part B (II) Regional Language (Odia)- 25 Marks with 25 Questions of 1 mark each
Total 100 marks with 2 hours (120 Minutes) duration. There is no negative marking.
Minimum Qualifying Marks:- Minimum 20 marks for OC, 17 marks for SC/ST and 19 marks for OBC candidates for Part A Examination. Minimum 10 marks for OC, 8 marks for SC/ST and 9 marks for OBC candidates in each segment for Part B (I) and Part B (II) Examination. 40% marks for OC, 33 marks for SC/ST and 37 marks for OBC candidate in aggregate
If you want to apply for the above given job, then read about How to Apply for 569 Nos Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Jobs in Odisha By India Post 2015.
sambalpur postal Gds reqrement 2017