The Union Public Service Commission or UPSC is holding Geologists examination 2013 on 9th November 2013. For this UPSC is inviting online applications from suitable qualified candidates. If you want to appear Geologists Examination 2013 by UPSC then read the below given details.
- Name of the Examination– Geologists Examination 2013 by UPSC
- Name & No of Posts– Geologist Group A- 50 Nos, Assistant Geologist Grade I Group B- 25 Nos, Junior Hydro-geologists (Scientist B) Group A- 33 Nos, Assistant Hydro-geologists- 39 Nos.
- Age Limits- Age Should be 21-32 years for Geologist Group A and Assistant Geologist Grade I Group B. Should be 21-35 years for Junior Hydro-geologists (Scientist B) Group A and 21-30 for Assistant Hydro-geologists.
- Educational Qualifications– A candidate must hold (i) Master’s Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a recognized University or (ii) Master’s Degree in Mineral Exploration or (iii) Master’s Degree in Hydrology or (iv) Diploma of Associateship in Applied Geology of the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
- Physical Standards– candidates must be physically fit according to the physical standards for Indian Geologist’s Examination, 2009 as prescribed in the detailed advertisement.
- Examination Fees– Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/ PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.
Interested candidates can Apply Online at the Website of UPSC between 24th August 2013 to 23rd September 2013.
More information can be derived from Original Notification for Geologists Examination 2013 by UPSC.