About Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT)
The Biju Patnaik University of Technology ( BPUT ), Odisha, with its head-quarters in Rourkela came into being in November 2002 through an act of the Government. The main objective of instituting the University was to ensure a high quality of students coming out of the technical colleges through a common curriculum and uniform evaluation. Today, the University has 110 colleges, both constituent and affiliated, with around 58,000 students. The disciplines include engineering and architecture, business management and hotel management, computer studies and pharmacy. Several of these offer both undergraduate and post graduate studies.
Vision of Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT)
- To be a world class brand name for providing technical man power needed in industry and academia.
- To create wealth and prosperity in the society through application of technical knowledge.
Mission of Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT)
- Facilitate making the places of teaching intellectually stimulating and emotionally pleasurable for the students and faculty.
- Ensure proficiency in students in their domain of study as well as in soft skills (IT and Communicative English).
- Establish world class Centres in Higher Studies and Research.
Broad Strategy of Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT)
- Ensuring an appropriate and world class curriculum, effective teaching and a rational examination system in each unit associated with the University.
- Supporting and creating centres of excellence for fundamental and industrial research that could bench mark as best in business.
- Establishing partnerships with progressive industries for addressing major industrial problems
- Joining hands with innovative academic institutions for improving teaching & research standards in the University.
- Achieving financial self-sufficiency through Self-Sustaining Courses.
Objectives of Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT)
- Providing the affiliated and constituent institutions with state-of art curricula and syllabi.
- Preparing world class course material packages for students of the university.
- Establishing a rational, efficient and transparent system of examination, evaluation and publication of results.
- Providing quality input (both for developing domain knowledge and soft skill) to students through combination lecture, print and electronic media.
- Imparting training for the teachers.
- Providing career development of faculty through Master’s and Ph.D programmes.
- Offering facilities for research in frontier areas through a number of Advanced Centres.