Are you searching for the process of apply for the Caste Certificate in Odisha ? Then here you can all the step by step information for How to apply and get the Caste certificate in Odisha. First we have to know what is Caste Certificate ?
What is Caste Certificate ?
A Caste Certificate is the proof of one’s belonging to a particular caste, i.e. OBC, SCBC, SC or ST.
Why Caste Certificate is Needed ?
- Caste Certificate is needed for the following reasons.
- Reservation of seats in the Legislatures and in the Government Services.
- Waiving off a part or the whole of the fees for admission to schools and colleges.
- Reservation of seats in Educational Institutions.
- Relaxation of upper age limits for applying jobs, etc.
Legal Frame Work for Caste Certificate
The Caste Certificate is issued under the provisions of The Odisha Caste Certificate (for Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes) Rules.
Eligibility for Applying Caste Certificate
The persons whose caste finds place in the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950 made under Article 341 and in the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950 made under Article 342 of the Constitution of India and as amended from time to time.
Concerned Department for Applying Caste Certificate
- ST and SC Development, Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare, Government of Odisha.
- Revenue & Disaster Management Department, Government of Odisha.
How to Apply for the Caste Certificate ?
- A person shall apply in Form– I affixing Court Fee Stamp of Rs. 3.00.
- As per orders of Tahasildar / Addl. Tahasildar, the RI will conduct field enquiry.
- Verify the land records of the applicant and submit enquiry report.
- Sometimes the Tahasildars / Additional Tahasildars may entrust the field enquiry to Revenue Supervisor.
- If required the Tahasildars / Additional Tahasildars may themselves conduct field enquiry.
Necessary Documents Needed for Caste Certificate
- Copy of R.O.R.(Patta)
- Copy of Voter ID Card
Competent Authority for Caste Certificate
The following shall be the competent authority for the purpose of issue of Caste Certificate under these Rules within their respective jurisdictions.
- District Magistrate / Collector.
- Additional District Magistrate.
- Sub- Divisional Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Officer.
- Executive Magistrates.
- Revenue Officers not below the rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar.
- All O.A.S., B.D.Os.
With whom to register complain ?
Any person aggrieved by an order passed by a competent authority subordinate to that of District Magistrate / Collector may prefer an appeal before the District Magistrate / Collector concerned and to the concerned Revenue Divisional Commissioner where the original order is passed by the District Magistrate / Collector, within a period 30 days of passing of such order.
online caste certificate odisha, caste certificate odisha online, caste certificate online odisha, caste certificate odisha, status of obc sertificate, OBC Certificate Odisha, how to get obc certificate in odisha, www new post of odisha of cast OBC com, how to apply obc certificate in odisha, online caste certificate apply odisha