You may be known about that Department of Post or popularly known as India Post is recruiting 569 nos of GDS or Gramin Dak Sevaks in all over Odisha for the year 2015- 16. Many of the interested candidates are unknown about the proper application procedure or you can say that how to apply for 569 Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Jobs in Odisha by India Post. Here we are giving some information about the application procedure.
- The cost of the application form is Rs. 100 . It is compulsory for all type of candidates. You have to pay the application fees through system given challan in your nearest e-payment enabled post office.
- The Examination fees is Rs. 400. Examination fees is exempted for SC/ ST/ PH and Women candidates. You have to pay the examination fees along with the application fees through system given challan in your nearest e-payment enabled post office.
How to Apply
- First the candidate has to visit http://odisha.postalcareers.in to get the detailed notification and advertisement for the recruitment.
- Before applying online the candidate should read the notification, instruction, information and FAQs carefully.
- Before starting his/her registration of his/her application on-line, the applicant should be ready with the soft copies of passport size photo (not more than 20 KB in .JPG/JPEG format) and signature (not more than 10 KB in .jpg/jpeg format) which are required to be uploaded after filling up of the inputs and uploading the application on-line.
- One applicant has to submit only one application. If more than one application is registered, it will lead to rejection of all the applications registered by the applicant.
- Applicant should fill the details/inputs in the On-line Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the Registration of On-line Application Form. Before Pressing the SUBMIT button, the applicants are advised to verify carefully every field/inputs mentioned in the application. Name of the Applicant or his/her father name etc. should be spelt correctly in the Application as it so appears in the Secondary School Certificate Examination/mark sheet. Any change/alternation found/detected later on may lead to his disqualification of candidature.
- The applicants will kindly note that the particulars mentioned in the On-line application will be considered as final and no change/alteration/modification will be allowed/entertained after submission of the On-line application under any circumstances.
- After successful registration, a provisional Unique Registration Number (URN) will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The registration number along with password shall be sent to the Applicant to the given email ID and SMS to given Mobile Number in the application. The Applicant has to use the registration number and password for log in into the website
where he can generate, the challan in triplicate to enable him to pay the fee. Applicant has to take out a print out of the system generated Fee Payment Challan. The Applicant has to retain this number and password for future references.
- The Applicant is further advised to fill in the On-line Application Form in one go and save the data. The Applicant can edit the particulars if needed before final Submission of the Application Form. Once the application is filled completely, the applicant should submit the data.
- The Applicants after successful registration of the On-Line Application are advised to keep print out of the “PREVIEW” of his Application, copy of fee challan, receipt issued by the Post office and Registration slip for any future reference.
- The Applicants are advised not to enclose/upload copies of any certificates/documents. The application Registered on-line will be treated as Provisional and it will be subject to Verification of respective Certificates/documents. The Applicant has to furnish a Declaration to the effect that the inputs furnished by him/her are true, complete and correct to best of his/her knowledge and they will be supported by the original documents/testimonials as and when required/demanded. Any false/incorrect information found/detected at any stage, his/her candidature/appointment will be summarily rejected/terminated. Therefore it is mandatory for the applicant to Tick the Check Box about this Declaration at end of the Application form, before saving and uploading the application.
Mode of Payment
The applicants have to approach their nearest e-payment Post Offices, (listed under e-payment link of http://odisha.postalcareers.in and to produce Fee Payment Challan printed by him & to pay the FEE in CASH (INR) only. Once the fee has been paid, the Registration process is completed. The Applicant can check his/her status of payment on the website http://odisha.postalcareers.in after 3 working days after payment of the fee. In case of Non-payment the application registered will not be considered for further process. The applicants who have registered the applications on the closing date of registration are permitted to pay the FEE till 18th May, 2015.
Last date of Applying
The last date of registration of application is 14th May 2015 by 23.59 hrs but the candidates can pay the fees through post office is 18th May 2015.