Dalma is one of the main recipe in Odia Food. So here we have made this article to help you to know “How to Make Dalma” recipe. Ingredients required and how to prepare. Just Follow this article to know more about “How to make Dalma“.
Ingredients Required for Dalma
- Papita (Raw Papaya) – 200gm
- Aloo (Potato) – 100 gm
- Baigana (Brinjal, Eggplant) – 75gm
- Sajana Chhuin (Drumstick) – 80 gm (optional)
- Saru (Arum, Arbi) – 120 gm
- Beans – 20 gm
- Kancha Kadali (Raw banana) – 65 gm
- Kakharu (Pumpkin) – 120 gm
- Tomato -80 gm
- Piaja (Onion)- 100 gm
- Harad Dali (Pigeon Pea, Arhar Dal) -150 gm
- Sorisha (Mustard Seed)- 2tsp
- Jeera (Cumin Seed)- 4 tsp
- Haladi Gunda (Turmeric Powder) – 2tsp
- Teja Patra (Bay Leaf) -2 pc
- Sukhila Lanka (Dry Chili) – 3pc
- Refine Tela (Refined Oil) – 3tbsp
- Luna( Salt) – as per taste
How to Prepare Dalma
- Wash the vegetables thoroughly; cut them into medium size pieces, cut beans and drumstick into 2 inch long pieces. Cut thin slices of onion.
Soak the dal in water for about 1 hr.
- Fry 3 tsp cumin seed and 2 pc dry chili slightly, then make a fine powder out of it, keep aside.
- Boil 6, 7 cups of water in a deep pan. Add the dal, turmeric powder(1tsp) and cook it. When half cooked add the vegetables to it. Add salt.
- When the vegetables are half cooked add the tomato pieces. Cook it till everything is well cooked. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. When hot add the mustard seed, cumin seed, bay leaf and dry chili. When splutter add the onion slices, fry it till turns golden brown.
- Add the boiled dal and vegetable mixture to it slowly. Cover it. Finally sprinkle the cumin chili powder (step-3) on it. Remove from flame Serve hot with rice or roti.