Today on 16.02.2015, the finance minister of Odisha Sri Pradip Kumar Amat has presented the general budget of Rs. 84, 487.77 crore for the 2015- 16 financial year. In this budget, the govt has brought out a separative Agricultural budget for the growth of agriculture and allied sectors as well as for the development of the farming families.
- Total expenditure proposed in the budget is Rs. 84,487.77 crores which was Rs. 80,139.58 in 2014-15 financial year.
- The State Planned expenditure is estimated for Rs. 44,150 crore and Non Planned expenditure is estimated at Rs. 40, 337 crore for 2015-16 financial year.
- Rs. 10,903.62 crore has been allotted for agriculture sector out of which Rs. 100 Crore for Fertilizers Sector, Rs. 50 Crore for State Potato Mission, Rs. 160 Crore for Deep Borewell Irrigation Projects, Rs. 160 crore for Jal Nidhi Yojana, Rs. 90 crore for Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana, Rs. 128 crore for Udyan Krushi Yojana for development of horticulture sector. Rs. 579.54 crore was made for the projects to control floods and Rs. 55 crore for development of river and canal bank roads.
- For coming Naba Kalebar in July 2015, Sri Amat has allotted Rs. 20 crore for festivals and Rs. 67 crore for Power Infrastructure in Puri for uninterrupted power supply during the Naba Kalebar.
- Rs. 9979.49 crore was made for School and Mass Education Department and Rs. 1989.11 crore for Higher Education Department.
For more details, keep visiting www.newodisha.in .