Odisha Premier League (OPL) 2013 is going to start from 2nd May 2013 to 12 th May 2013 where Eight teams are selected for OPL 2013 . You can see the list of Teams here. All the matches will be played at Barabati Stadium (Cuttack) and VSS stadium (Sambalpur). See the OPL Match Schedule here. The inauguration of OPL 2 will be held at Barabati Stadium Cuttack on May 1st 2013.
OPL 2013 at a Glance
- Teams have been divided into two groups with Barabati, Dhauli, Baitarani, Subarnarekha forming Group-A, while Konark, Chilika, Mahanadi, Rushikulya constituting Group-B.
- Group-A matches will be played at Barabati Stadium, Cuttack, while Group-B matches will take place at VSS Stadium, Sambalpur.
- At both the venues, the first match will be played from 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm and second from 7.30 pm to 10.30 pm.
- Arrangements have been made for live telecast of OPL matches by national and local TV Channels.
- The OPL-II will involve a total of 176 players, who have been placed in five grades.
- There will be 32 players each in Grade A, B, C; 40 in Grade D and 24 in Grade E.
- Payment for graded players has been fixed as Grade-A: Rs 50,000, Grade-B Rs 40,000, Grade-C Rs 30,000, Grade-D Rs 20,000 and Grade-E Rs 10,000.
- Teams will play matches on double-league basis after being divided into two groups and the top two teams from each group will qualify for semifinals.
- Both the semifinals and the final will be played at Barabati Stadium.
- The champions of OPL-II will get cash a cash prize of Rs 3 lakhs, while the runners-up will take home Rs 2 lakhs.
- The third-placed team will be richer by Rs 1 Lakh, while the Man of the Tournament will pocket Rs 25,000.
odisha premier league 2013